Saturday, March 11, 2000

11th March 2000

Sorry for the lack of wise words in the recent days but I have been a little busy on the gig organising front this week. I am trying to sort out gigs in Liverpool, Manchester, London, Cambridge and a few other places and it is very difficult when you are doing it yourself. I spent a good few days in the studio this week and did a bit of recording on a couple of tracks for the next album. The track I have concentrating on this week is a tune called "Onjerry" which is an ode to the host and audience of the Jerry Springer Show. Although I am not a great fan of the show's format I cannot resist watching it on TV to see what lengths these people go to. When I wrote the song I tried to use the tag lines they have at the bottom of the screen as lyrics and started taking notes while I was watching. I have booked time in Kidwelly to record the rest of the second album at the end of March and cannot wait to get in the studio with the Welsh Fusiliers and put down some of the new tracks. Nigey Nige is in Nashville and has promised to bring me back a lap steel, or did he say lap dancer, you never get a good reception on mobile phones!!! After rehearsing with them I have felt the need to get my electric guitar out as opposed to the acoustic that I have been using for the last couple of years. All the guitars I have are in need of a service so I got my favourite out of the cupboard and took it to the guitar doctors near my studio. The transition between acoustic and electric will not be a s drastic as Bob Dylan's in the 60's but I think it may mean the next album is a bit rowdier than "Ripe". I have had a couple of notes in the guestbook saying how enjoyable the gig in Liverpool was and if any of those in attendance or attending future gigs would like to do a review then I will include it in the "wise words". I am planning an overhaul at the end of March with lots of new pics and maybe some video clips so I will let you know when it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home