Tuesday, January 04, 2000

4th January 2000

Well after much panicking about bugs and much media hype the year 2000 is here and so far it feels just like any other New Year hangover. I spent the Christmas period in the bosom of my family in Jersey and a splendid time was had by all. Much overindulgence in the red wine and cheese department ( it doesn't get any more rock 'n' roll than that!!! ) but managed to survive the ten day period with only one real hangover and spent every morning in the sauna ejecting those toxins. My resolution is to eat a piece of fruit every day and I am currently munching a Granny Smith while I type. I did two unplugged gigs while I was there but unfortunately neither were very well attended as the venue did very little to promote the fact that the King Of Pop was playing. The first night was also hampered by severe storms and this caused the closing some of the sea front roads and nobody would have fancied venturing out in such delightful weather. I did a radio interview with BBC Jersey and played a couple of tunes which I had recorded on mini disc and will be given away at some point this year. Tomorrow will be spent on the telephone trying to organise a few more gigs for Feb and March and any suggestions will be followed up so if you know of a suitable venue in your area then let me know by mailing me at kingofpop@nasher.co.uk or leaving it the guest book. Happy New Year to you all and I hope you will be supporting my adventure this year as you did in the last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home