Friday, November 12, 1999

12th November 1999

Not much happening this week except I made a couple of calls to try and organise a couple of gigs in Jersey over the Christmas period. I will probably do a couple of unplugged things over there while I am staying with my friends. I went to Dingwallís in Camden on Wednesday night with my mate Martin to see an American band called Low. I first heard about this band about six years ago when I saw a review for their album in Q magazine and I decided to investigate as the band I was in had the same name. I bought the album which is called "I Could Live In Hope" and have been a big Low fan ever since. I have been waiting to see them for ages and on the two previous occasions they have played in London I have been otherwise engaged so to finally see them was a big buzz for me. All the songs they play are roughly in the same tempo which is "well slow". The band features a guitarist who sings, a girl drummer who plays snare drum and ride cymbal and also sings and a bass player who spent the entire gig with his back to the audience. Spent Friday in the studio and started writing a new song called "The Wrath of God" which is about the day The Messiah comes back. Too early to say if it will make the cut but "the young song shows great promise". Let you know next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home