Sunday, November 07, 1999

7th November 1999

Nasher breaks his duck. In my four previous visits to Anfield I have seen the Reds lose three times and draw once so it was nice to see them win for a change. Despite a plucky performance Bradford were sent back to Yorkshire with a flea in their collective ear. Spent Tuesday evening in The Liverpool Institute Of Performing Arts where I gave a talk to about thirty students on the pitfalls of the music industry and warned them of men in suits bearing contracts. Thanks to Steve Powell at the LIPA for his hospitality and for organising the following day which was a live unplugged performance at The Flying Picket which is a small venue in Liverpool. I performed four songs and was filmed by Channel One which is cable TV for Merseyside. It will be broadcast early December so I will let you know in case you are in the area. When I went to do this filming I was an hour early and decided to go to the top of the bell tower in the Anglican Cathedral. If you are ever in Liverpool then make sure you go and see this awesome building. At the top of the tower you can see all of Liverpool and "on a clear day you can see for ever". Rounded up the week by doing a couple of tunes at Q103's firework party on Midsummer Common in Cambridge. I took my wife and kids with me as my kids had never seen me perform in public. Afterwards they said I was "wicked". After Cambridge we drove to South London to see some friends and was surprised to see my Aussie mate and his wife over for the RWC Final so that was an excuse for a large drink (like I need an excuse). Went to see the fireworks on Blackheath which were wicked and well worth standing in a cold field for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home