Thursday, October 26, 2000

26th October 2000

Sorry about the late update this week but I have been buried up at the
studio for the last couple of days grappling with some of the new songs.
Last night before I left I plugged in my custom electric guitar (known as
"The Dirty Jacobean) and proceeded to deafen myself for half an hour. I
had forgotten what it was like to be a guitar hero because I have been
playing my trusty acoustic for so long. Tonight Matthew I'm going to be
Pete Townshend!! I cranked the speakers up loud and thrashed along with
mighty abandon......it sounded FUCKING GREAT!! After I had switched off
all the equipment my ears were ringing and I felt like I was trapped
inside a bottle with a wasp. The gig in Matlock Bath was a major vibe and
was attended by about 200 people who listened to the stuff and at least
looked like they were enjoying themselves. Driving to Matlock was weird. I
was driving along these country roads and then next minute I turned the
corner and it was like being at the seaside. The high street was full of
amusement arcades and fish and chip shops that would have been more at
home in Blackpool rather than the Derbyshire Dales. They were having this
celebration where they floated these models down the river and it all
looked rather magical and it was a shame that I didn't get there earlier
while it was still light to see a bit more of the place. I thought the gig
went well and judging by the note in the guestbook at least one was moved
enough to visit the site. The venue was a large wood panelled room at the
back of a pub with a big mirrorball hanging from the ceiling. The night
ended in spectacular fashion when I was confronted by a mate I haven't
seen for about fifteen years. He came up to me at the end to surprise me
and it was a very pleasant surprise indeed, nice one Corky!!! I will have
to speak to the promoter about playing there again. Lastly I have been
editing radio interviews also this week and these will be available soon
when the site is updated ( I know, I know, I have been saying that for
months ). Anyway, I'm off to watch The Reds batter the Czechs, see ya next
week.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home