Sunday, April 22, 2001

22nd April 2001

Hello everyone, nice to be back, hope you didn't miss me too much. I
will begin by apologising for not making the chat room on Thursday
night and despite what you may be thinking the abscence was not
alcohol induced. I left Jersey at 9.00am that morning after being up
since seven and had a four hour ferry journey followed by a three
hour car journey and didn't get home until 6.00pm and just managed
to get over to my mate's house to watch the Liverpool v Barcelona
game. If anyone of you watched that game then you will know that
there would have been a lot of nervous energy expeneded by all
Liverpool supporters and by the time I got back home at 10.10pm and
sat on the sofa my eyes were losing the battle to stay awake. I was
full of good intentions but got kidnapped and taken to the Land of
Nod before I got a chance to chat with you all. Normal service will
be resumed this Thursday and I apologise for not delivering another
bedtime story for you. Wanna know about my holiday, not like you get
a choice. the ferry going over was very rough and this resultied in
most of the passengers shouting out "Raaaalph" and "Beeert" in
various parts of the boat. I felt very rough as did all my family.
It is little babies who I feel sorry for because they don't
understand why they feel so bloody awful. Perked up as soon as we
hit dry land and then began a ten day binge of drinking and eating
too much. The ladies in the camp wiped out the island's supply of
Kettle Chips and Pinot Grigio while I did my best to deplete the
Guinness / Caffreys / Rioja / Shiraz supplies. Didn't get a hangover
once which I reckon was due to having a sauna everyday and taking in
litres of soda water. I will now be on the wagon until I fall of on
Cup Final Day. On the footy front I have to tell you about me taking
money from juveniles. I mate a young man called Joe (an Evertonian)
and in a show of bravery he thrust his hand towards me and bet me
that The Toffees would do The Reds in the Merseyside derby game. It
was an offer which was to good to refuse and I releived him of his
paper round money about ten seconds after Gary McAllister had
smashed in a 44 yard free kick to take the spoils with only twenty
seconds left on the clock. Mmmmm.......sweet!! I even found a few
minutes to ring my mate Jeff, an evil blue nose who never misses an
opportunity to give me stick about Liverpool, and give him a breif
slagging off. Had an excellent time and it was sad to leave all our
good freinds but it's back to the grindstone on Monday. Stayed up
until 5.00am this morning to watch Lennox get a good paying down in
Johannesburg so no doubt I will be flagging later and having an
early night tonight. I think if that guy would have hit me that hard
he would have lifted me out of the ring......ouch. Have to go and
ring Nigey Nige and see if he is coming down this week. He said
Wednesday and Thursday so I have to go and get some bunting to hang
across the studio dorr to welcome him. See ya on Thursday.


Post a Comment

<< Home