Monday, June 05, 2000

5th June 2000

I was sitting in the control room of Stevie B's studio having a cup of coffee and talking shit with the proprietor when I heard a cheeping noise coming from just outside the door of the control room. Before I could get up to investigate a baby robin hopped into view just outside the door. There was a robin's nest in the Virginia Creeper that covers the wall at the back of my studio and this brave young bird was taking his/her first steps into the big world. The bird, who was too young to know that man is an enemy, hopped onto Stevie B's finger and sat there for about two minutes while I fetched a stepladder so he could place the bird on the roof of my studio where it would be out of harms way. This brush with Mother Nature was brought to you by Babylon Pink. Thank you for choosing The Discovery Channel, normal service will be resumed shortly.... Went down to Camden Town on Friday night to see Nigey Nige performing with the talented Wirral beat combo Amsterdam. It would have been a really good gig but I think the sound guy had his ears full of toffee because the sound at the start of the gig was dogshit but improved by the middle so the audience could actually hear what the eloquent Mr Prowse was singing about ( I think this must be a first for this venue because every band I have seen there has had the same deaf git behind the board ). My fab drummer, Mr Tony Kiley ( halfway through a year stretch with Chris De Burgh, hopefully reduced to eight months with time off for good behaviour ) was also there to lend support and before the night ended there was talk of re-arranging our cancelled recording session in Wales for some time at the start of August. Hopefully by August Wally will be back from shaking his tail feather with the Blues Brothers and Soul Sisters. I have uploaded "Crawling" at www.mp3.com/nasher for late comers who did not receive it as a Christmas present and another song called "Hit Me One More Time" (not to be confused with Britney's song, although our breasts are similair in size) which is an acoustic track featuring the lovely Mitt Gamon blowing himself into oblivion. I'm talking about his HARMONICA!!!! I uploaded them yesterday so they should be available for download in a couple of days so I will mail all those on the list to let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home