Monday, May 22, 2000

22nd May 2000

Thank you to everyone who sent me an e-mail or electronic birthday card wishing me a happy birthday. Watched the match in the pub with a few mates and witnessed the third crap cup final in a row. Came home for a curry and a film but fell asleep snoring loudly while my wife and kids were trying to watch "East is East". Whilst we are on the subject of movies, Stevie B and me went to see Gladiator on Friday afternoon. I was looking forward to the testosterone / adrenalin rush which the trailers promised but I'm afraid to say both of us were very disappointed. From such a respected director like Ridley Scott I would have expected something a little better than this computer enhanced bullshit. It sounded like Russell Crowe had been dubbed by Roger Moore and his fall from General to slave was ridiculous in the extreme. Give me Spartacus any day of the week. The highlight of the day was a triple scoop of Pralines and Cream from the Baskin Robbins stand in the cinema (triple scoop!! what a fat bastard!!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home