Sunday, October 29, 2006

29th April 2001

Well after many months of promising on his part and gentle cajoling
on my part, me and Nigey Nige finally got it on at Big Top. Calm
down ladies, I am talking musically here. I thought it would be a
good idea to let Nige tell you what has been happening and allow him
to give you a little whiff of rock 'n' roll. Take it away Nige.
The last two days in the presence of Nasher has been an enjoyable
one. I admit it's only been 8 months since we completed the basic
tracks for the new album. What's 8 months amongst friends, "a long
time!" I hear Mr Nash scream. When I set off on Wednesday morning it
was raining and dismal. I arrived at the studio around 11.00a.m. to
be greeted by the man they call Mr Nash. I started setting up and
got straight into the recording. "Walking on Eggshells" is first up
with Mellotron strings and sundry. "Top of the Pops" gets the fiddle
treatment as I mock up a violin for a real one to replace (but the
notes are the right ones), "Face the Music" gets a bit of Nigey Nige
treatment. We stopped around 7.30 to take in a curry at Barnet's top
Curry house and very nice it was too. We continued until about 11.00
p.m. and headed off to Chez Nash. We watched a bit of "Human
Remains" and consumed a nice bottle of New World Shiraz. Watching
"Human Remains" has me in fits of laughter and I feel it's nice to
be back in London with me ol' mate. The following morning we head
back to the studio for the remainder of the recording. TK and Mark
Blaster are coming over later. After recording " Mad" and "Onjerry"
we head up to Digital Village to check out some new gear and for me
to possibly purchase a pair or KRK Rockit's like my mate. When we
enter the shop, there must be 5 staff in the front of the shop and 3
in the back. Nasher and myself are kept waiting for 10 minutes
before being greeted. Now if we were Boyozone (famous Welsh all-male
band from Upper Cwmtwrch) or Essay (or whatever their name is) they
would have served us like a shot, but OH NO, my partner has only
sold millions of albums and singles and has more credentials than a
Harley Street doctor. THAT WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH. I must admit the way
most companies run their businesses, we'll all be ordering from mail
order catalogues soon. So back to the studio and we carry on with
the rest of the tracks. I lay down some groovy piano and soaring
strings on some tracks. "Doing the Mania" gets a Lucy In The Sky
With Diamonds-eque harpsichord part and some trumpets and horns.
When the Lads turned up, we headed off for a curry at Barnet's
finest. Lamb Ceylon tonight for me. No mercy spared for my nether
regions. The food once again is top. I decided not to go back to
Wales that evening, but to have a few Babycham and CrËme de Menthe's
with my mates. Alcohol has a great way of either binding or
repelling people, a bit like marriage. When we arrived back at the
Nash household, we consumed another bottled of wine.Tonight Matthew,
it was a Rioja. After a good sleep, I headed back to the studio to
pick up my equipment and shot off down the world's longest car
park,the M25. When I arrived home I was greeted by hoards of mail
and messages. Half of them were tapes from Nasher of the songs that
had arrived late and a kindly-worded invitation from KLM to take my
insurance claim against them and put it where the sun don't shine.
BUT the sun is shining (not up there) and it's a beautiful day out
there. I shall save my next correspondence with them for a day when
I can't stand the world and all is wrong in the Nigey Nige camp.
I'VE FINISHED MR NASH. YOU CAN STOP HARRASING ME NOW FOR ANOTHER 2
YEARS. But I really enjoyed it though. It won't be that long next
time.
Thanks Nige. Two years?? He'll be bloody lucky!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home